Get ready to sharpen your skills and perfect your strategies—Season 10 of Competitive Play has begun!
Unlocked at level 25, Competitive Play is designed for those players who want to put their skills to the test, and offers a more serious experience than our Quick Play or Arcade Modes.
To begin your competitive journey this season, click on the “Play” button, select “Competitive Play” from the submenu, and you’re ready to enter a match. You can join on your own or in a group, and Overwatch’s matchmaking system will automatically find the best game possible for your skill level.
Before you can kick off your competitive career, every player must first complete 10 placement matches to obtain their initial skill rating. This rating will be a number between 1 and 5000, with higher values indicating a greater skill level. Players will also be assigned a tier based on their rating—Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Diamond, Master, or Grandmaster—and climbing into the next tier is possible as you improve.
Skill ratings and tier icons will be visible at the beginning of every match. As you compete, your rating will increase or decrease with each win or loss based on a number of factors, including your own performance and the skill of the other players in the match.
A detailed breakdown of the skill tiers, along with icons and information about the corresponding skill ratings can be found by pressing the “Information” button under the Competitive Play menu.
In addition to experiencing the thrill of victory, players can also unlock unique rewards through Competitive Play. Anyone who completes their placement matches during a season will receive a special spray and player icon. If you are placed within the Top 500 players on your platform (and in your region) at the end of the season, you’ll receive an extra player icon and animated spray.
On top of that, as you complete competitive matches, you’ll earn a currency called Competitive Points. When the season concludes, you’ll also receive a number of those points (based on your overall performance) to spend on golden versions of your favorite heroes’ weapons.
UPCOMING MAP: RIALTO
- Rialto will be released on May 3, soon after Season 10 begins. However, the map will not be available in the Competitive Play rotation until a future patch. This will help provide the community with plenty of time to learn how to play with the new map.
BRIGITTE STEPS ONTO THE BATTLEFIELD
- Overwatch’s 27th hero, Brigitte Lindholm, is now available in Competitive Play! Brigitte’s armor engineering capabilities make her a stalwart support hero, capable of holding her ground in combat while also providing healing and armor for her teammates.
- Rocket Flail
- Brigitte’s melee weapon has an extended range, enabling her to strike multiple enemies with a single swing.
- Repair Pack
- Brigitte throws a Repair Pack that can heal an ally. Any healing over that ally’s maximum health provides them with armor instead.
- Whip Shot
- Brigitte throws her flail a long distance, dealing damage and knocking an enemy away from her.
- Barrier Shield
- Brigitte deploys a frontal energy barrier to absorb a limited amount of damage.
- Shield Bash
- Once her Barrier Shield is deployed, Brigitte can dash forward to stun an enemy.
- Brigitte moves faster and provides all nearby allies with armor that lasts until it’s removed by damage.
- Rocket Flail
COMPETITIVE 6V6 ELIMINATION SEASON 1
- Started late in Competitive Play Season 9, 6v6 Competitive Elimination Season 1 will continue to be active for a few days during the new season before it ends on May 7 PDT (May 8, 00:00 UTC).
At the season’s end, participants will receive a player icon, spray, and Competitive Points based on their highest tier earned.
To play, simply choose the 6v6 Competitive Elimination brawl in the Arcade!
Season 10 is live RIGHT NOW on PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One, so power up your favorite gaming machine and join the fight. We’ll see you on the battlefield!